Get a Library Card
- Live in Snohomish, Island, or King County (except Woodway, Hunts Point, or Yarrow Point)
- Work in Everett city limits
- Own property or a business in Everett city limits
Still unsure if you are eligible? Please email our Circulation department at LibCirc@everettwa.gov with questions.
- Photo identification, such as a driver’s license or state ID card
- Proof of current address (an up-to-date driver’s license or state ID card can meet both requirements)
- Parent permission and signature if you are under 18
Online ApplicationYou can submit a library card application online to gain immediate access to our electronic resources. Online accounts expire after four months. Verify your library card eligibility in person at our Main Library or Evergreen Branch for continuing access.
ApplicationYou can submit a library card application online and gain immediate access to our electronic resources. Then you may complete the library card application in person at either of our branches for access to the physical collection.
Check-Out Periods #usingyourcard
Most materials … 3 weeks
Discover passes … 1 week
Book group sets … 60 days
Most library materials automatically renew up to two times if they are not reserved for another patron.
Circulating material currently checked out or on shelf at another location may be reserved.
Notification will be sent by email, telephone or mail, and items will be held for 7 days. You may have up to 30 items reserved at any one time.
Daily Late Fines
The Library no longer charges daily late fines.
The library is a community resource. Please return materials by the due date so that others may use them.
The library sends reminder notices by your preferred notification method (email, telephone, or mail). When items are 28 days past due a bill is sent for the price of each item plus a $3.50 per item processing fee.
The replacement cost and processing fee of items returned within nine months will be waived off your account.
If you accumulate $50 or more in fines, access to library services will be restricted.
Material Type Hold & Check-Out Limits
- 100 total item check-out limit
- 10 Books on CD
- 10 DVDs
- 25 Magazines
- 10 Music CDs
- 5 Playaways
Hold Pickup Lockers
- We have outdoor lockers for you to pick up your materials at any time at the Evergreen Branch location.
- Choose "Evergreen Branch Lockers" when selecting a pickup location for your item.
- To pick up your hold, scan your Library Card or type in your Library Card number and your locker will open automatically.
- For any questions or concerns, please contact Evergreen Branch Circulation at (425) 257-8260.
- Available at both Library branches from 10am - 6pm
- When you arrive at the Library, let us know you are here for Curbside Pickup at the Main Library (425) 257-8010 or the Evergreen Branch (425) 257-8260