Activity, Auditorium and Meeting Room
Notice: use of a library meeting room implies consent to the policy guidelines listed below.
The primary purpose for these meeting rooms is to provide a place for the public exchange of ideas and information by a wide variety of community groups.
Please review the information presented on this page, and then call the Main Library Reference or Evergreen Branch Reference desk to reserve a room for your group.
Hours and Availability
Rooms may be reserved within normal library hours up to 15 minutes before closing.
Main Library Auditorium
|Chairs Only: 90
Chairs and 8 Tables: 50
Main Library Activity Room
|Chairs Only: 50
Chairs and 8 Tables: 24
Evergreen Branch Meeting Room
|Chairs Only: 40
Chairs and Tables: 30
- Public meetings
- Government agencies
- Non-profit agencies
- Community clubs
- Neighborhood groups
- Private business (under certain conditions, see limitations)
- Tables and chairs may be arranged to meet the needs of the group as long as emergency exits are not blocked. The room should be restored to its original configuration upon exiting.
- All publicity and advertising for meetings and events must contain the words: "This event is not sponsored by the Everett Public Library." The provision of a meeting room for public use does not constitute Library endorsement of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the space.
- The following equipment is available for use: 1 projection screen, 1 flip chart, Hearing Loop system is available in all meeting rooms. No other equipment or supplies are available.
- The room may only be used during the hours the library is open. Set-up and clean-up must be done within the hours reserved. Meetings must end 15 minutes before the library closes so that clean up can be completed by closing time. Users assume responsibility for cleaning up after themselves, and for any damage to library property resulting from their use of library facilities. The library may assess charges for damage or cleaning.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in library facilities.
- All persons except library staff must enter and exit the building through the public doors.
- Storage for supplies or equipment cannot be provided.
- There must be no interference with the use of the library for other library patrons due to noise or overcrowding from your group.
- Reservations are only accepted for the current month and two calendar months in advance. For example, starting September 1, rooms may be reserved through November 30.
- The library does not assume liability for injuries or damage to personal property that occurs as a result of the actions of the sponsors or participants in meetings scheduled in library facilities.
- The library does not charge for use of the rooms.
- Light refreshments may be served.
- Please notify the library if your meeting is cancelled.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- No admission fees may be charged. No dues or donations may be solicited. No products or services may be advertised, solicited, or sold. An exception to this policy is made only for library-sponsored author readings, when works by that author may be sold.
- Library staff reserves the right to enter the meeting room during any meeting.
- Not eligible are events hosted by companies or individuals selling the goods or services they plan to present to the public. For example, businesses may use the rooms for meetings for their staff, but may not use the library to promote or educate the public about products or services related to their for-profit business.
- Use is limited to twice a month by any one group, at either or both locations
- The applicant provides false or misleading information.
- An individual or group, willfully or through gross negligence, mistreats the equipment or facilities or violates any regulations of the library.
- If the manner of use is determined not to be in the best interests of the library.
The Library Director is responsible for administration of this policy, for establishing administrative procedures for its implementation, and for granting any exceptions.
The Library retains the right to deny the space to any user whose planned use of the space does not comply with these terms. Violation of these terms may result in denial of future access to the space.
Notice: use of this facility implies consent to this policy.