How to use the seed library
- You don't need a library card!
- Seed packets are free. When you take seeds, it's with the understanding that you will attempt to grow them.
- You may check out 5 seed packets per person, per calendar year. Please only take as many seeds as you can reasonably grow and limit your selections to 1 packet per seed type.
- We encourage you to save seeds from the plants you grow and donate saved and leftover seeds to the library at the end of the growing season.
- Anyone can donate seeds to the collection. We accept all types of seeds.
- To check out seeds, visit the Main Library at 2702 Hoyt Ave. We accept seed donations at both library locations.
- When taking seeds ("checking out") or donating seeds ("checking in"), please fill out the check-out form at the station next to the seed library and label your donations with the provided label.
Seeds currently available: beets, bok choy, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green beans, kale, lettuce, parsley, poppies, peas, radishes, spinach, Swiss chard, and more.