- Imagine Children's Museum Little Science Lab - for ages 3-5. Sign-up to receive an activity bag, then join the museum each week for Little Science Lab LIVE on Zoom! Sign-up and more information here.
- Make Gummy Candy with Chef Cam (virtual) - for ages 7 and up. Sign-up for a kit, and then sign-up for the program at crowdcast.io/e/gummyfish. Virtual program on July 6 @ 2pm. More information here.
- Ocean Colors Paint Pour (virtual) - for ages 7 and up. All kits have been reserved, sign-up to be added to a wait list for a kit, and then sign up for the program at crowdcast.io/e/oceanpaintpour. Virtual program on July 13 @ 2pm. More information here. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
First Come, First Served Kits - no signup required
These kits are available for curbside pickup, or ask inside the library.
- Water Conservation Kits - (partnership with City of Everett Public Works). Indoor and outdoor water conservation kits, include items like low flow shower heads, moisture meters, aerators and low flow nozzles plus kid's activities.
- Virtual Play & Learn - A new kit is available each month during the 2021-2022 school year! - Listen to a story, sing songs and more! Enjoy videos from the Everett School District's Play and Learn team in English and Spanish, and pick up a free monthly activity kit. A bonus 2022 summer kit is available while supplies last.
Citizen science enables people from all walks of life to advance scientific research. Citizen science is real science done by people like you! Everett Public Library is part of a first-of-its-kind ASU and SciStarter initiative supported by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) to help libraries connect communities to citizen science!
How does it work? You can borrow kits from Everett Public Library that will help you participate in a specific citizen science project. The Library has two types of kits available for check out:
- Measuring Light in the Night, which contains a specialized SkyQuality Meter
- Exploring Biodiversity, which comes with special smartphone lenses and binoculars.
Kits check out for three weeks and can be placed on hold like other library items. A replacement fee may be charged for lost or damaged kit materials. Learn more about citizen science kits at epls.org/science.