Reading Challenge 2018
Book lovers: Are you up for a challenge? Everett Public Library has just the thing for you — the 2018 Everett Public Library Reading Challenge!
The challenge, which is a yearlong list of topics from which readers choose a book to read each month, is designed as a fun way for our customers to explore a variety of genres and encourage a lifelong love of reading.
Participants are encouraged to post a photograph of themselves holding the book (or just the book for those who are camera-shy) they’ve chosen for a particular month along with the hashtag #EVERETTREADS on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter. One photograph will be randomly chosen each month and winners will receive $25 Amazon gift cards. Prizes are sponsored by the Friends of the Everett Public Library.
- January: Read a book by a Washington state author.
- February: Read a Walt Longmire book by Craig Johnson.
- March: Read a biography/memoir.
- April: Read a poetry book.
- May: Read a book recommended by a library employee.
- June: Read a book written by an author from a race or culture different than your own.
- July: Read a book with a red, white, and/or blue cover.
- August: Read a science fiction or science non-fiction book.
- September: Read a book that was banned at some point.
- October: Read a book with a one-word title.
- November: Read a book that won a National Book Award.
- December: Read a book recommended by a friend.